The Chilliwack Bomber was developed as a nod to the styling and needs of post war bush pilots in Canada's north. At a time and in places where pilots performed their own aircraft maintenance on desolate, wind-blown Arctic runways, durability, warmth and mobility were vital if not at times, life saving. The iconic coyote fur ruff that surrounds the hood of the Chilliwack bomber ensured they wouldn't be frostbitten while working on their crafts and the premium Canadian down insulation took care of maintaining core temperatures. The success of this iconic Canada Goose jacket is evidenced by the fact that Canada Goose jackets are still worn by northern pilots today and can be seen on TV shows like Ice Pilots.
Shell: 195gsm, Arctic-Tech; 85% polyester /15% cotton blend with a DWR.
Lining: 55gsm, Nylon plain weave treated with water repellent finish.
625 fill power white duck down
- Bomber-length for exceptional mobility.
- Coyote fur ruff surrounding a 2-way adjustable tunnel hood for an authentic-look and great protection in high-wind conditions.
- Storm flap over the 2-way locking front zipper is secured with hidden buttons to offer increased protection from the cold and wind
- Elasticized, rib-knit cuffs and waistband to provide comfort and keep the cold wind out
- A multitude of pockets for storage and hand warming:
- Two high, fleece-lined handwarmer pockets
- Two lower, fleece-lined pockets secure with Velcro flaps
- Utility pocket on left sleeve for storage of smaller items
- One interior security pocket to keep belongings safe